The following information outlines the current Department of Accounting "Waiting List"
policy and procedures for students looking to add into closed course sections (courses
that have reached expected enrollment capacities).
- Because students can submit a Closed Section “Waiting List Form” for a course section
that is neither closed nor full (a process the department has no control over), be
advised that a Waiting List Form submitted to the Dept. of Accounting for a course
section that is not closed (or not full) will not be accepted and will be considered
invalid and discarded. Also, the Department will stop accepting Waiting List Forms
on the first day of classes.
- Completed (submitted) Waiting List Forms are automatically routed via email to the
department for processing. Submissions to the Department of Accounting for course
sections are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Your place on a waiting
list depends on the date and time that your Waiting List Form request was received
by our department. Exceptions are Online Program students and current semester graduates.
- Enrollment levels for closed course sections are checked frequently. Waiting list
students are emailed as openings occur (as seats become available).
- When a seat opens up in a course section we will automatically place you into the
class. Please check your email periodically to see if we have contacted you.
- It is your responsibility to notify our office, in a timely manner, if you want to
be removed from a specific waiting list.
- If you are still on a waiting list after classes begin, and there is a closed course
section that you still want to add, you may appear in person at the first class meeting
to find out from the instructor if there are any available seats in that class. If
there is an available seat for you, the instructor will need to contact the administrative
assistant to process an override for that course section.