Completing a Travel Authorization Form
- Departments must assign a unique Trip# (consisting of 2 letters and 3 numbers - XX###)
- Amount allowed is based on Total Expenses to be Paid Directly by Individual
- Employees may request up to 75% of the anticipated out-of-pocket expenses
- Students and Groups may request up to 100%
- Prepaid Expenses may be request up to 100% with a paid receipt
*$50.00 anticipated expenses is the minimum amount that can be submitted for an advance
(75% of $50 = $ 37.50)*
- Make sure that the index number(s) to be charged is on the form.
- Must have Individual's and Supervisor's signatures.
- If the Financial Manageris someone other than the supervisor, the Financial Manager
must also sign.
- Out of country travel requires VP/Provost level signatures.
- Grant budgets require Grant Accountant signature.
- You can request more than one cash advance for the same trip.
Example: You have paid for your airline ticket in advance to get the best rate.
You can request two separate checks.
- A check now for 100% reimbursement to cover the cost of the ticket you have already
- A check approximately 3 days before you departure date for 75% of other anticipated
- Please submit your cash advance no later than 10 days prior to travel, send form to
Sheri Ponder, Accounts Payable, Mail Stop 3250.
- Cash Advances for University Employees are processed via direct deposit.
- A Cash Advance for any other individual (e.g. students) are processed in the form
of a check, available for pick-up only at the Cashier's Office.
Unused Cash Advance Funds
- Checks should be written to: Southeast Missouri State University
- Complete a Cashier Transmittal Form and return the unused funds to the Cashier's Office.
- Use FOAPAL information from the Cash Advance
- Use the TE # as the description
- Include the Cashier Receipt with the Expense Report.
For more detailed information about Travel Authorizations and cash advances, refer
to the Policy and Procedure Manual OP 07-02, page 1.