Expense Reports should be completed no later than 30 days after the end of the month
in which you traveled.
- Make sure your Southeast ID is correct and your address is current.
- Expense Report Checks are mailed to the address on the Expense Report unless the individual
has an active Direct Deposit status.
- Always include original paid receipts.
- If associated with a Cash Advance, enter the TE number and amount in the appropriate
- Purpose of trip:
- When trip was taken.
- Why or What for.
- Where you travel to.
- Airplane - Your airline passenger receipt/boarding pass is the only direct pay documentation that must be included with your expense report.
You should, however, list all direct pay items with the dollar amount on the report.
- Rental Car - We currently have a contract with Enterprise Rental Car (1-800-736-8222),
contact the Purchasing Department for more information.
- You must turn in the original itemized, paidreceipt, and include the applicable occupancy rate.
- Per Diem Rate includes tips
- Claiming a meal over per diem requires the original receipt and Exception approval.
(see policy: IV.D.2.b)
- Business meals require original, itemized, paid receipts and must be substantiated
by: time and place, business purpose, person(s) name and business relationship.
- Maximum 18% tip allowed to claim on any actual meal cost.
- Miscellaneous Expenses:
- Enter an explanation for each expense.
- Receipts are required for all travel related expenses in excess of $20.00.
- Non-Travel Expenses:
- Must be related to the trip to be included on the Expense Report
- Requires the original, itzemized, paid receipt with no exception to dollar amount.
- Must follow the University's Policy and Procedures -Direct Pay Guidelines.
- FOAPAL Budget #:
- Always enter the Index # to be charged.
- If expenses are to be charged to multiple accounts, enter the amounts to be charged
to each index #.
- Must have Individual's and Supervisor's signatures.
- If the Financial Manager is someone other than the Supervisor, the Financial Manager
must also sign.
- Out of country travel requires VP level signatures.
- Unused Cash Advance Funds:
- Checks should be written to: Southeast Missouri State University
- Complete a Cashier Transmittal Form and return the unused funds to the Cashier's Office.
- Use FOAPAL information from the Cash Advance
- Use the TE # as the description
- Include the Cashier Receipt with the Expense Report.
For more detailed information about Expense Reports refer to the Policy and Proceudre Manual OP 07-02, page 3.