Expense Reports should be completed no later than 30 days after the end of the month
in which you traveled.
- Make sure your Southeast ID is correct and your address is current.
- Expense Report Checks are mailed to the address on the Expense Report unless the individual
has an active Direct Deposit status.
- Always include original paid receipts.
- If associated with a Cash Advance, enter the TE number and amount in the appropriate
- Purpose of trip:
- When trip was taken.
- Why or What for.
- Where you travel to.
- Rental Car - We currently have a contract with Enterprise Rental Car (1-800-736-8222),
contact the Purchasing Department for more information.
- You must turn in the original itemized, paidreceipt, and include the applicable occupancy rate.
- Per Diem Rate includes tips
- Claiming a meal over per diem requires the original receipt and Exception approval.
(see policy: IV.D.2.b)
- Business meals require original, itemized, paid receipts and must be substantiated
by: time and place, business purpose, person(s) name and business relationship.
- Maximum 18% tip allowed to claim on any actual meal cost.
- Miscellaneous Expenses:
- Enter an explanation for each expense.
- Receipts are required for all travel related expenses in excess of $20.00.
- Non-Travel Expenses:
- Must be related to the trip to be included on the Expense Report
- Requires the original, itemized, paid receipt with no exception to dollar amount.
- Must follow the University's Policy and Procedures -Direct Pay Guidelines.
- FOAPAL Budget #:
- Always enter the Index # to be charged.
- If expenses are to be charged to multiple accounts, enter the amounts to be charged
to each index #.
- Must have Individual's and Supervisor's signatures.
- If the Financial Manager is someone other than the Supervisor, the Financial Manager
must also sign.
- Out of country travel requires VP level signatures.
- Unused Cash Advance Funds:
- Checks should be written to: Southeast Missouri State University
- Complete a Cashier Transmittal Form and return the unused funds to the Cashier's Office.
- Use FOAPAL information from the Cash Advance
- Use the TE # as the description
- Include the Cashier Receipt with the Expense Report.
For more detailed information about Expense Reports refer to the Policy and Procedure Manual OP 07-02, page 3.