Returning Student Contact Information
Phone: (573) 651-2590
Fax: (573) 651-5936
Returning Student Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- If you have not been enrolled in Southeast classes for one or more semesters and wish to return, submit the Application for Admission. If you have taken Southeast classes while in high school, you are not considered a returning student and need to apply as a beginning freshman. If you are a returning degree-seeking international student, please contact the Office of Admissions to receive a paper Application for Returning Student Admission.
- Request that official transcripts be sent from all colleges or universities attended since your last semester of enrollment at Southeast.
Credit from other institutions is accepted providing it applies toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of the Registrar at Southeast Missouri State University.
- If your name has changed since last enrollment at Southeast, please provide proof of name change.
A copy of one of the following documents is acceptable: state driver's license, official state identification card, U.S. passport, military identification, marriage certificate or divorce documents.
Send document to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-4799
Note: Please allow 7-10 days for application processing and transcript evaluation. Admission to the University does not indicate admission to programs that have additional admission criteria and/or specific prerequisites. For information on admission to programs, refer to our Undergraduate Bulletin.
Step 2: Submit Housing Contract
- Upon admission to Southeast, you may complete the Contract for University Housing online via the My Southeast admitted student portal. A $150 housing deposit is required at the time of submission. Transfer students with fewer than 57 transferable hours are required to live in University housing. If you have questions regarding the University’s residency requirements, please contact a customer service representative in the Office of Residence Life at (573) 651-2274 or your admission counselor.
- Submit your contract and deposit quickly for priority consideration. December 1 is the Priority Housing Deadline.
- The University will use your preference information to make room and roommate assignments in July.
- Information for students seeking off-campus housing.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- You and a parent (if you are a dependent student) should apply for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) PIN. The PIN serves as your identifier to let you electronically submit your FAFSA.
- Obtain a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web Worksheet then complete the FAFSA online.
- March 1 is Southeast’s Priority Financial Aid Deadline. Applying by March 1 will improve your chances of receiving federal and institutional grant funds, low-interest loans, Federal Work Study, and financial aid from the state of Missouri.
- Financial aid awards will be emailed to your Southeast email account in April.
- Visit our Veterans and Military Services site for information on using veterans benefits.
Step 4: Advising and Enrollment
- Your admission letter will contain advising contact information. Contact your advisor to plan your semester and schedule courses.