The following policies and procedures will apply to all certified secondary school teachers in the State of Missouri applying for acceptance into an Advanced Placement* Teacher Development Institute at Southeast Missouri State University.
To ensure that participants have ample opportunity to interact with Institute leaders, each AP* Institute is capped at 25 participants. The Online Application and all required documents need to be completed for enrollment.
Selection for participation in an AP* Institute is based upon the following criteria:
- An applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree.
- An applicant must be teaching in a secondary school in the current (2012-2013) and subsequent (2013-2014) academic year.
- An applicant must have the approval and recommendation of a direct supervisor, the AP* Coordinator, or the school principal.
- The parent institution must commit to offer an AP course subsequent to the AP* Institute which the applicant attends in academic years 2012-2013 or 2013-2014.
- An applicant should have a minimum of three years of teaching experience.
Applicants who teach, or expect to teach, an AP* course, but who do not meet all six requirements in the list above, are encouraged to apply, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility Requirement Inquiries
Advanced Placement* Office
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza, MS 6875
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
All applicants are responsible for transportation, lodging, and meal expenses.
- A Missouri resident and teach in Missouri - Tuition is waived if teacher has lived and taught in the state of Missouri for 12 consecutive months.
- A Missouri resident but do not teach in Missouri -Tuition is $853.50 if teacher has lived in state for 12 consecutive months, teaching out of state.
- A Non-Missouri resident and do not teach in Missouri - Tuition is $1,503.00.
- A Non-Missouri Resident and teach in Missouri - Tuition is $649.50. A Missouri Income Tax Credit Non-resident Fee Waiver must be submitted also. (Please check the 12-13 Academic year and include a copy of your 2011 Missouri State Income Tax Return.)
- Continuing Education Units (CEU-4 credits)
Tuition is $ 660.00. To receive CEU's in place of graduate credit, complete a CEU application.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2013
SE Key Activation/ Review Grades/ Request Transcripts
When a teacher is enrolled in the Institute, a Southeast ID number will be assigned which starts with letter "S", number "0", and seven more digits. This ID # is used to activate your Southeast key for obtaining grades, requesting an official transcript, etc. Please see the following link for setting up a Southeast key:
If further assistance is needed, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 573-651-4357.
*College Board, AP, and Advanced Placement, are registered trademarks of the College Board.
Used with permission.