Student Recreation Center Venue
Certified Athletic Trainer
Athletic Training Student(s)
Fixed telephone line in the Student Recreation Center (Front Desk) 573-651-2147
Certified Athletic Trainer's Cellular Phone
Practice Supplies (Cramer Rapid Form Vacuum Splints, maintained in the Show Me Center Athletic Training room; AED, maintained at Student Recreation Center front desk)
Roles of First Responders
- Immediate care of the injured or ill student-athlete
- Emergency equipment retrieval
- Activation of EMS
- call 911 from any on or off campus phone (provide name, address, telephone number, number of individuals injured, condition of injured, specific directions, and any other requested information)
- Direct EMS to scene
- Campus police officer will unlock and open any necessary gates and/or doors
- A campus police officer will "flag down" EMS and direct to the scene
Scene Control: limit personnel on scene to first aid providers and move bystanders away from the area.
The Student Recreation Center is attached to the West side of the Show Me Center. The Show Me Center is located on the corner of Sprigg Street and New Madrid Street on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University.
A steel bay door has direct access from the outside of the Student Recreation Center (SRC) to the indoor track. This door is located on the north side of the SRC. Access is gained by coming off Sprigg Street to the north driveway entrance to the Show Me Center. Continue forward through the parking lot past the loading dock of the Show Me Center. Make a left at the end of the parking lot and the steel bay door is accessible via the access driveway on the north end of the SRC.