Houck Stadium Venue
Certified Athletic Trainer and
Athletic Training Student(s)
Physician on site for Football and Soccer competition
Paramedic Crew on site for Football competition
Fixed telephone line in Houck Athletic Training Room 573-651-2107
Football Activities: Cell Phone of Head Athletic Trainer 573-271-1025
Soccer Certified Athletic Trainer's Cellular Phone
Practice Supplies (Cramer Rapid Form Vacuum Splints, spine board, transport chair, AED) maintained in Houck Athletic Training Room
Event Supplies (Cramer Rapid Form Vacuum Splints, spine board, transport chair, AED)
Roles of First Responders
- Immediate care of the injured or ill student-athlete
- Emergency equipment retrieval
- Activation of EM
- call 911 from any on or off campus phone (provide name, address, telephone number, number of individuals injured, condition of injured, specific directions, and any other requested information)
- At home football contests an ambulance/EMS personnel will be present. If needed, activation of EMS will include designated individual summoning paramedics for advanced help.
- Direct EMS to scene
- Campus police officer will unlock and open any necessary gates and/or doors
- A campus police officer will "flag down" EMS and direct to the scene
Scene Control: limit personnel on scene to first aid providers and move bystanders away from area.
Houck Stadium is located on the corner of Henderson Street and Broadway Street. Only one gate is accessible directly to the field.
Gate entrance to Houck Stadium field is located on the southeast corner of the stadium just off Bellevue Street