Become a part of Southeast's newest tradition!
Want a jumpstart on getting involved on campus?
Interested in campus tradition?
Ready to meet new friends?
What is CampRedhawk?
Southeast Missouri State University students share their experiences from Camp Redhawk
CampRedhawk is a summer leadership camp designed for new students preparing to enter
their first semester at Southeast Missouri State University. It will offer an introduction
to campus life and traditions, immerse you in school spirit, and introduce you to
other new Redhawks. You will become more familiar with campus and the community where
you will spend the next four years.
Please make sure that you have registered for FirstSTEP Orientation prior to attending
CampRedhawk. For details on orientation, or to register for FirstSTEP, click here.
Is CampRedhawk for me?
If you are enthusiastic about your upcoming college experience, and like meeting new
people, CampRedhawk is for you!
When is CampRedhawk?
There will be four sessions in the summer 2017. All sessions will run Sunday-Wednesday.
- June 11-14
- June 18-21
- July 9-12
- July 16-19
Online registration is open! Contact us at email@example.com with questions.
What will we do at CampRedhawk?
You'll be busy! Activities will include:
- Southeast's high ropes course
- Competing in team challenges
- Getting to know campus and Cape Girardeau
- Learning tips and tricks for involvement and success from current student leaders
- Experiencing the "Redhawks Rally"
What do I need to bring?
- Insurance information
- Comfortable, casual clothing
- Include a Southeast shirt, or a red or black shirt for activities on Monday
- Active wear for physical activities
- Ropes Course: We recommend that you wear longer shorts or athletic/yoga pants and
a t-shirt with sleeves for this event. Many students have recommended bringing a spandex
type material for under your shorts to increase comfort during this event.
- Tennis shoes or other footwear suitable for significant walking and activities
- Personal toiletries including handsoap and required medicines, and towel for bathroom.
- Bed linens, including pillows
- Sunblock and bug spray
- Light snacks
- While no money beyond the cost of the camp is required, we do advise students to bring
some spending money for outside snacks or treats, visits to the bookstore, etc. All
meals are covered by the camp fee.
- Small fan (residence hall is air conditioned).
Are there things I cannot bring?
- Firearms, knives, or any kind of weapon
- Drugs and alcohol
We also encourage you to not bring any unnecessary valuable items. Time to use laptops,
tablets, etc. is very limited.
What does CampRedhawk cost?
The charge for CampRedhawk is $180.00. You can make a payment upon registration, or
pay later via secured link.
The fee cannot be covered by university scholarship awards or financial aid; however,
limited scholarships for participants with demonstrated financial need are available.
Submit scholarship inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm in! Where do I sign up?
Online registration is open. To register, complete the form found here.