Professional Advisory Council Guidelines for Operation
The Southeast Missouri State University Professional Advisory Council symbolizes the partnership between education and the actual practice in providing:
- Advice from professionals on curricular matters
- Advice on career preparation
- Assistance with the program through lectures, programs and peer-level interaction.
The Council provides advice and assistance to the chair of the Department of Communication Studies on the current scope of operation and future departmental goals, but not on day-to-day responsibility for curriculum or operations which are the obligation of the University and its faculty.
The purposes of the Communication Professional Advisory Council are to:
- Advise the department on matters of policy, general procedure, professional interests and overall development.
- Act as a sounding board on educational issues, assessment and development plans.
- Develop community/professional associations and contacts for potential department programs.
- Assist in the coordination of major departmental fund raising.
Mr. John Zimmer - Counci President
Vice President, Zimmer Radio Group
P.O. Box 1749
Cape Girardeau, MO 63702