ID Card Services is located at the Information Desk on the third floor of the University Center. Stop by our office at any time; call us at (573) 651-2282; or e-mail us at email@example.com if you need further assistance with your campus ID card or any of its applications.
Rules Concerning the Student ID Card
Your student ID card serves as a debit card, library card, facilities access card, campus identification card and the campus dining card. No one else may use your card and the misuse or falsification of a campus ID card could result in disciplinary action being taken against you. You are required to show your ID upon request to any University official acting in his/her duties.
Lost ID Cards
If you lose your ID card, you should report the loss to ID Card Services immediately. You may call the Office at (573) 651-2282 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The fee for replacement of a lost ID or for a card that is replaced due to a name or account number change is $15. There is no fee for replacing ID cards that are unusable due to normal wear and tear provided the most recent card is returned at the time of the request for a replacement.
Hours and Contact Information
ID Card Services is open and happy to help you Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to to 7 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have questions, please contact Gretchen Weber, assistant director for operations, University Center:
One University Plaza, MS 1200
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Obtaining an ID for the First Time
If you are obtaining your Southeast ID card for the first time, you will need to meet the following qualifications:
- You must be enrolled in at least one class, or be participating in a New Student Programs Orientation (First Step).
- You must present some form of photo identification. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID card, military ID or current passport.
- You also should bring a copy of your class schedule for the current semester. The name and ID number on your card must exactly match those of the University records.
Your photo will be taken and the ID will be issued in a matter of minutes!
Replacing Your ID Card
If you need to replace your ID, you will need to follow these steps:
- If you are replacing a current ID card and we can verify your identity from our records, you may not be required to bring a separate photo ID.
- You should bring a copy of your schedule.
- Your name and ID number must exactly match those of the University records.
- ID cards that are damaged due to unintentional wear and tear are replaced at no charge if the damaged ID is returned at the time of the ID replacement.
- A $15 replacement fee will apply if the ID is misused or defaced intentionally or if the information on the card becomes incorrect due to a name or account number change