Cybersecurity Program Objectives and Outcomes
The program educational objectives (PEOs) of the Cybersecurity degree at Southeast are broad statements that describe
professional accomplishments that the Department of Computer Science is preparing
their graduates to achieve during their career.
Specifically, the PEOs of the Cybersecurity program are defined as preparing students
- Recognized by their peers and superiors for their applied skills, problem solving
capabilities and professional skills in the field of Cybersecurity.
- Professionals as effective communicators in oral and written communication.
- Practitioners who incorporate ethical, legal and social implications to outcomes of
- Professionals actively engaged in activities which allow for the continuous development
of their computing and cybersecurity skills.
The student outcomes (SOs) of the Cybersecurity degree at Southeast are narrower statements
that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of
graduation. In other words, these relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that
students acquire in their matriculation through the degree program.
Specifically, the student outcomes (SOs) of the Cybersecurity program are that upon
graduation students will be able to:
- An ability to analyze a problem, and to identify and define the computing requirements
appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given
set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- An ability to make informed judgements in computing practice based on legal and ethical
- An ability to function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines,
manage risk and produce deliverables.
- An ability to apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware,
software, and human aspects of a system.
- An ability to analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations
in the presence of risks and threats.