The following selection processes are available for both the UI498 CSIS Seminar and
Spring Break opportunities.
Students are selected by the Dean of their college, the Dean of Students, the Director
of the Honor's College, or the Directors of the Regional Campuses at Malden, Kennett,
or Sikeston. Using this form, students may apply August 29 through September 16, 2016.
Students are selected through the President's office. Using this form, students may
apply September 19 through October 7, 2016.
Full-time faculty may apply to be a faculty team member in the CSIS Seminar. Using
this form, faculty may apply August 29 through September 16, 2016.
Full-time Southeast undergraduate:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours, as of the start of the Spring 2017 semester. In addition,
they must be enrolled at Southeast through the fall of 2017.
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership involvement on and off campus, academic excellence, or both
- Requires one letter of recommendation and the names of two other references, one of
whom must be a member of the Southeast faculty or staff
If You Are Selected
- You must attend a pre-course meeting in December 2016 on Southeast's main campus.
- You must enroll in UI498 for three academic credits. This course will include online
components, 5 mandatory class meetings, the four-day seminar at CSIS over spring break,
and a research presentation on campus.
- You must attend the full week in Washington D.C. at CSIS. (March 12-17, 2017)
- You must attend and participate in a designated Conference to be held in April 2017
on Southeast's main campus.