The following selection processes are available for both the UI498 CSIS Seminar and
Spring Break opportunities.
Students are selected by the dean of their college or school, or the directors of
the regional campuses at Malden, Kennett, Sikeston or Perryville. Using this form,
students may apply August 26 through September 19, 2014.
Students are selected through the President's office. Using this form, students may
apply September 22 through October 10, 2014.
Full-time faculty may apply to be a faculty team member in the CSIS Seminar. Using
this form, faculty may apply August 26 through September 19, 2014.
Full-time Southeast undergraduate:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours and no more than 90 credit hours completed as of the start
of the Spring 2015 semester
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership involvement on and off campus, academic excellence, or both
- Requires one letter of recommendation and the names of two other references, one of
whom must be a member of the Southeast faculty or staff
If You Are Selected
- You must attend a pre-course meeting in December 2014 on Southeast's main campus.
- You must enroll in UI498 for three academic credits. This course will include online
components, 5 mandatory class meetings, the four-day seminar at CSIS over spring break,
and a conference on campus.
- You must attend the full week in Washington D.C. at CSIS. (March 15-20)
- You must attend and participate in a designated Conference to be held in April 2015
on Southeast's main campus.