- The Dean of Students does not fund travel requests outside the United States.
- If a student travels without prior approval, then the student will not be subject
- Student travel funding requests are limited to one per student per academic year unless
requests do not exceed the maximum of $250.00 per student.
- Applications must be received 30 days prior to travel. Incomplete applications will
not be reviewed.
- Students who are requesting a cash advance and or advanced funds to pay for conference
registrations and/or airline tickets must submit the request at least 60 days in advance.
- Students are expected to solicit funds from his/her department or other campus sources.
- Students who are presenting research at a professional conference/meeting will be
given first priority.All applicants must show evidence that the travel will support
their educational and/or career development.
- A letter of support from the approving faculty or staff member is required which explains
the educational/professional benefit of the travel (for the student and/or institution).
- The student traveler has five (5) working days to submit original receipts to their
respective department after returning from the trip. Departments must submit completed,
accurate expense reports to the Dean of Students Office within 30 days of the last
date of travel.
- The student traveler must be enrolled during the semester of travel.
- The student traveler must provide the name and contact information to the Dean of
Students office for the sponsoring department.