Submit ALL the following documentation to Ms. Tammy Underwood, Executive Assistant
to the Dean of Students in AC 138:
Completed Student Professional Development Funding Request
Graduate School Travel Funding Guidelines
Please click on the following link for the Graduate School request form or go to the
School of Graduate Studies home page, click on the current student link on the left,
and then scroll down to the student forms link. Graduate Student Professional Development
Signed Student Travel Release Form
No student travel will be approved without a completed release form.
Letter of Support/Departmental Letter
A letter of support from the approving faculty or staff member is required which explains
the educational/professional benefit of the travel (for the student and/or institution).
It is expected that students will solicit funds from his/her department or other campus
sources. The letter should also address other funding requests and the amounts granted.
This can be submitted via e-mail.
Confirmation of acceptance to present at an event if applicable
Conference schedules needs to be submitted showing a listing of date and time of presentation
and/or an e-mail from a conference representative confirming that the student(s) is
Abstract of paper or presentation to be presented if applicable
Completed conference registration form if applicable
Registration fees must be noted.
Copy of airline reservation and/or rental car reservation
Please ensure that the reservation shows arrival and departure times. Non refundable
tickets will not be reimbursed if the student is unable to attend for any reason.
Copy of hotel accommodations if applicable
Please ensure that the documentation shows the total estimated amount for the stay.
Quick Reference Guide for Travel Cost Reimbursement
- Keep the original detailed itinerary/receipt showing names of the passenger and the
airline, boarding passes, the amount paid, and the scheduled departure and return
dates and times.
- Unless prior approval is granted, registration fees will only be reimbursed if the
student pays the registration fee in advance and provides a written receipt that indicates
the amount paid.
- For overnight stays, students can be reimbursed for lodging expenses up to $100 per
day as a portion of their allowable travel funds.
- When sharing the hotel room with another student, ask the hotel to prepare separate
receipts. If they will not do this, try to get both names listed on the receipt. When
checking out, each traveler should pay for his/her share of the room expenses.
- Keep the original detailed receipt showing the name of the traveler, the name and
location of the hotel, a daily itemization of charges, and the amount paid.
- Rental cars should be reserved through Enterprise when available.
- Rental car expenses may not be split between travelers, and gasoline expenses may
only be reimbursed to the person who rented the car.
- Only rentals for compact, intermediate or full size sedans are reimbursed. If you
need a larger vehicle, you must justify that choice in writing.
- Get an itemized receipt for your rental car expenses when you turn in the car.
- Travel funds ONLY cover Personal Auto Mileage when approved prior to the trip. Gas
expenses are not reimbursed.
- Meals are reimbursed at a per diem rate as determined by the University’s travel guidelines
Itemized receipts are necessary to receive these funds.
- Meals included with registration fees or on the scheduled agenda should not be claimed