MERIT is a performance-based award available to new beginning freshmen, new entering transfers
and returning students with fewer than 60 credit hours.
- Open to members of ethnic groups that are traditionally underrepresented in higher
- A college or high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or above.
- An ACT score of 23 or above for high school applicants.
- Documented participation in leadership and community service activities.
- Full admittance to Southeast Missouri State University.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester during your first semesters
of Southeast enrollment, and 15 credit hours per semester during the remaining semesters.
- Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1st each year
and completing any verification requests from the university.
- Remain in compliance with all University policies and procedures.
- Complete the requirements of the Academic Support Centers contract each year.
- A committee may be appointed to review award renewals, reductions and appeals.
Value: Up to $2,400.00 per year ($1,200.00 per semester)