- Remain calm.
- Do not use elevators
- Immediately evacuate
- Once outside, move to an assembly area away from the affected building(s).
Assist DPS or the Building Coordinator, if asked.
DO NOT return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by DPS or the Building
Persons in the area of the spill should conduct a risk survey immediately.
- Keep a minimum distance of 1000 - 1500 feet.
- Stay uphill or upwind from the contaminated area.
- Check in with an assembly area coordinator or co-worker.
- Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
If asked to evacuate, do so immediately and contact DPS at extension 911 from a campus
- Stop, look, listen and think before taking action.
- Do not walk into or touch any spilled liquids, airborne aerosols or mists, or condensed
solid chemical deposits.
- Try not to inhale gases, fumes, and/or smoke. If possible, cover mouth with a clean
cloth while leaving area.