Bill 11-A-32 Revision of the Research Funds Procedures (Approved)
FACULTY SENATE SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
FACULTY SENATE BILL 11-A-32
Approved by the Faculty Senate November 2, 2011
BRIEF SUMMARY: Presents the procedures and removes the section on graduate faculty research since this source of funding no longer exists.
REVISION OF THE RESEARCH FUNDS PROCEDURES
WHEREAS: The Faculty Senate is updating the Faculty Handbook and dividing sections into policy and procedures in accordance with Faculty Senate Bill 10-A-13.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT: the “Research Funds” Faculty Handbook section 3.D.2 be replaced with the following text under the heading Procedures as indicated:
1. Research or objective inquiry into any acknowledged disciplinary field using any recognized research method;
2. Creative projects, performances or imaginative work in any acknowledged area of aesthetic expression.
3. Research programs which promote further professional development.
1. All members of the University faculty with the exception of those whose resignations or terminations will have taken effect after the proposed receipt or expenditure of allocated funds;
2. Prospective new faculty members contingent upon their appointment to the faculty;
3. Staff members at professional levels comparable to academic faculty;
4. Emeritus faculty.
Detailed guidelines and application procedures for these faculty development grants are periodically revised and published in a separate booklet by the Grants and Research Funding Committee. Please see
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT: this bill be adopted only with the companion Revision of the Research Funds Policy bill.
|Introduced to Senate||10/19/11|
|Second Senate Meeting||11/2/11|
|Faculty Senate Vote||11/2/11|
|15 Day Review||11/2011|
|Posted to Faculty Handbook|