Faculty Compensation Committee
Faculty Senate Compensation Committee
I. Health Consortium Update:
A. The following items were identified as topics for consideration in the future:
1. introduction of a multiple choice plan
2. deferred contribution
3. "opting out” clause
4. support for retirees
5. dependent coverage
6. coverage for same-sex partners and non-married partners
II. Salary Proposal for 2003:
Chairperson Linda Heitman spoke with Dr. Ivy Locke regarding the date for the
Budget Review Committee meeting to consider the 2003 proposal by the
Compensation Committee. Dr. Locke stated there was no information from the state.
She proposed the next meeting would be held in May or June. If June is the
designated for next month for the next BRC meeting committee members will be
notified. If necessary, an alternate may be selected to represent them.
III. Salary Compression and Equity Issues
The committee reviewed the recent concerns of Senator Journet regarding past, current
and future salary compression and equity issues is lieu of the new merit (promotion) bill.
The committee conclusions were:
1. All faculty concerns are valued and merit investigation.
2. Clause in the new promotion bill encourages evaluation of salary equity issues.
3. Faculty requests reports of equity studies me reviewed annually.
4. Faculty requests comprehensive, comparable data be made available for accurate
comparison of current salaries in order to evaluate true salary compression.
5. Request that concerned faculty be allowed to review data necessary salary
6. Dean Fred Janzow represented Administration at the April 9th Faculty Senate
meeting at the request of the committee.
7. Request guidelines be established to prospectively evaluate salary compression
and equity issues as the new Promotion Bill is inacted.
Linda Heitman, RN, Ph.D.
Chair, Faculty Senate Compensation Committee