Faculty Compensation Committee
Faculty Compensation Committee Report 2011-2012
Membership: Chair, Debbie Lee-DiStefano; Hamner Hill; Walt Lilly; Verl Pope; Willie Redmond; Joyce Renaud; Claudia Ruediger; Sophia Scott
1. Policy/Procedures: We submitted a bill to separate policy and procedure in the Research Funds section of the Faculty Handbook. This was passed.
2. RNTT Merit Pay: We submitted a bill that would increase RNTT merit pay from $1250 to $2000. This passed and will be proposed at Budget Review on April 13, 2012.
3. Faculty Compensation Issues: We submitted a resolution that proposed future action regarding many compensation issues regarding fcaulty pay that have not been addressed in several years. The resolution passes. These items can be found below in the charges for the Compensation Committee in the 2012-2013 AY.
Possible Future Tasks
1. Policy/Procedure: The Committee should continue updation the Faculty Handbook to ensure that policy and procedure are separates in the sections that affect faculty compensation issues.
2. Overload/Instructor Compensation: Overload and part-time instructor pay should be addressed by the Faculty Senate Compensation Committee. These amounts have remained stagnant for several years and should be adjusted.
3. Equality Adjustments: THe issues of discipline-based equality adjustments should also be addressed bu the Faculty Senate Compensation Committee to ensure that faculty are receiving comparable salary compensation for their disciplines as compared to peer institution.
Submitted by Debbie Lee-DiStefano, Chair
Faculty Senate Compensation Committee