The Office of Career Services is currently seeking a graduate assistant for the Spring 2015 semester.
• Graduate student at Southeast Missouri State University.
• Consideration given to students in all graduate programs. Preference given to students in Higher Education Administration, Career - Mental Health - or School Counseling, or a closely related field.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
• Ability to speak publicly and conduct group presentations.
• Ability to work independently and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher).
• Knowledge of internet/online research applications and general communication technology.
• Self-starter, high sense of initiative, and goal-oriented.
• Conduct 1:1 sessions with students that may include, but are not limited to: resume
and cover letter writing/critiques and mock/practice interviews.
• Oversee on-line career proficiency checks (CL004) which includes critiquing resumes/cover letters.
• Conduct career-related training workshops for select classrooms and organizations. Evaluate program content and maintain evaluation documentation.
• Promote and be able to instruct students and employers on how to use the online career management system (REDConnect).
• Assist with data collection.
• Assist in development and distribution of promotional materials and career tools including fliers, social media, newsletters, and general email.
• Conduct research for student resources containing relevant career, job and internship information.
• Coordinate and complete special projects based on needs of the office as well as individual interests and skills.
• Assist in coordination and execution of special events and programs such as job fairs, employer information sessions, on-campus interviews, resume walk-in hours, and mock interviews.
• Represent office at university sponsored and campus-wide events.
• Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings and in-house training sessions.
• Perform general office duties as needed (answering phones, making appointments, organizing office, and other duties as needed).
• Fulfill other duties as assigned.
• Requires 20 hours per week while school is in session including some evenings and
weekends; other hours by mutual agreement.
• Must be available to participate in orientation and training prior to the conclusion of the Fall 2014 semester.
• 4 month appointment, subject to renewal for following academic year based on performance.
Review of application materials will begin Monday, October 20, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send (via e-mail) or drop off a cover letter, current resume, and three references to:
Coordinator – Career Planning & Assessment
Office of Career Services
Office Phone: (573) 651-2583
There are three competitive Graduate Assistanships available in the Department of History. Preference will be given to applicants with a background in history and/or public history and who possess the ability to assist in undergraduate teaching. Graduate assistantships cover a full tuition and fees waiver for up to 24 hours of graduate coursework annually as well as paying a stipend of $8,348.00 per year. Responsibilities include assisting in the teaching of courses within the department. An application form can be obtained here. Deadlines for applications are October 15 and March 15, yearly.
If interested, please contact:
Dr. Erika Hosselkus
Graduate Program Coordinator
Assistant Professor of History
Southeast Missouri State University
Department of History, MS 2960
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
The Office of International Education and Services is looking for a graduate assistant to serve as a part-time staff member to fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Office of International Education
and Services and assist in sharing this information with relevant constituents
• Assist the Administrative Assistant and Assistant Directors with general administrative and operative support (e.g. walk-ins, telephone calls and appointment scheduling)
• Support, communicate, enforce and abide by all University and Office policies, procedures and regulations
• Assist with producing financial reports and other budgetary transactions (e.g. purchase requisitions, expense reports, payment vouchers, and direct payments). Banner system financial training must be successfully completed.
• Assist with data maintenance
• Manage inventory and overseas distribution of University promotional materials
• Collect and prepare informational packets for international recruiting purposes
• Supervise and complete semester evaluation of one student staff
• Assist with the hiring and training of new student staff
• Advise members of the international group insurance plan regarding healthcare services and insurance within the USA
• Create and conduct workshops to provide higher level of information and services
• Assist and attend office sponsored events
• Attend regularly scheduled Office staff meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Admission to Southeast's graduate school and enrollment in a graduate course of
• Graduate GPA of 3.25. Specific degree requirements may differ according to academic program.
• Earned minimum GPA of 2.75 on the undergraduate cumulative
• Experience with accounting, recordkeeping, bookkeeping skills and/or data compilation
• Evidence of strong attention to details with good follow-through skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize and handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work independently, as well collaborate with a team
• Must be punctual and dependable
• Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Position will begin one week prior to the Spring 2015 semester. Graduate assistant is required to work an average of 20 hours per week throughout the semester (including final exam week). Student worker employment will be strongly encouraged prior to official graduate assistant position start date.
Benefits: Tuition for 24 hours of graduate coursework annually and a stipend of approximately $8,348 for nine months (paid bi-weekly). All books and dedicated student fees are the responsibility of the graduate assistant and not paid by the department. Additional hours of paid employment during breaks and summer months may be available, pending approval of the School of Graduate Studies.
Evaluation/Renewal: This position is renewable for one year pending a complete evaluation of candidate performance and duties. Termination or non-renewal of the assistantship may result if specific duties are not accomplished or the candidate receives documented poor performance reviews.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, all required application materials must be received no later than Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
To Apply: All prospective candidates must submit a letter of interest addressing the required qualifications, resume, one professional letter of recommendation, name and full contact information of three professional references (e.g. professor, current/previous employer) and most recent copy of all academic transcripts. Please submit all required documentation via email to Ms. Ef Sidiropoulos at email@example.com.
The Office of the Provost is currently seeking a graduate assistant for the Spring 2015 semester. The qualified candidate will have excellent organization and project management skills as well as comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft products (especially Excel and Access), Web design and Internet applications. The position requires excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer service. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and a copy of transcript (unofficial is acceptable) to Karen Gleeson, Office of the Vice Provost. The application deadline is Friday, October 24, 2014.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Administrative Assistant
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of the Vice Provost
One University Plaza, MS 3400
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Phone: (573) 651-2062