- Am I required to participate in the passport program?
- Students are strongly encouraged to participate in this program, but are not required
to do so.
- Is there a cost of the passport?
- Your original passport is provided to you at no cost by the HCB. Please note: there
may be a cost associated with an activity you select.
- When can I get my passport stamped?
- During the last two weeks of classes plus finals week of each semester.
- What if I lose my passport?
- You may request a replacement passport from the Associate Dean, DH241B. The cost is
- What specific documentation do I need in order to get a stamp?
- Workshops and seminars: certificate of attendance (form available at HCB website)
- Clubs and organizations: letter from organization on the organization’s letterhead,
signed by president and faculty sponsor
- Teams: Letter from team sponsor.
- Attendance to events/activities: handout at event site accompanied by attendance
form (available at HCB website) signed by faculty or other official person at the
Internship: employer evaluation .
- Career Leader Assessment: assessment report.
- Career Linkages (CL001-CL004): documentation from Career Linkages.
- Voluntary community service: certificate of participation attesting to your participation
signed by sponsoring organization or recipient.
- HCB sponsored foreign travel: certificate of attendance.
- St. Louis Interview Days: certificate of attendance.
- Job search portfolio: the portfolio (see website for items to include: “Documentation
of Job Search Portfolio.”
- Mock interview session: certificate of attendance
- River Campus cultural event: certificate of attendance.
- Presentation to external audience: certificate of attendance.
- Publication in professional business journal: copy of journal article
- What if I lose the required documentation?
- It is your responsibility to present the appropriate documentation of attendance/participation. You
should determine if the documentation can be recreated. Copies of signatures are not
- What if I do not accumulate 1,000 points before I graduate?
- You may continue accumulating points if you enter the HCB MBA program. If you graduate
and leave campus, the passport should be useful in your job search, and serve as a
reminder of our commitment to your success. Since a primary benefit of the passport
program is recording your activities on the official transcript, it is in your interest
to accumulate the 1,000 points prior to graduation.
- Can I receive a stamp for the same event/activity more than one time?
- Yes, some events/activities are available for multiple stamps. Events available for
multiple stamps are listed more than once in the Passport stamping section.
- Who do I contact if I have a question about the passport program?
- Your first and best source is the HCB website. If the information you seek is not
on the website, you should contact the Business Advising Center. If your question
remains unanswered, you should contact your advisor or visit with the Associate Dean,
Dr. Gary G. Johnson in room 241B or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.