Allergy and Immunization services are available Monday through Friday at the Campus
Health Clinic. To schedule an appointment, call 573-651-2270.
Storing Your Serum or Injectable Medication
When you obtain your injections from the Campus Health Clinic, we can store your serum
for you. We require that all medication be clearly labeled with your name, date of
birth, expiration date, and the vial contents. You may check out your serum when you
need to return to your allergist or during breaks and holidays.
Allergy Injection Appointments
Patients must see the Nurse Practitioner on their first visit for allergy injections
every school year. Before an appointment can be scheduled, the following information
- Written order – obtain from your physician/allergist
- Allergy Injection Consent – this form must be completed and signed by the patient
- Campus Health Clinic Medical History Form – this form must be completed and signed by the patient
- Vials – bring or have your vials mailed to Campus Health Clinic. If you will be bringing
your vials, keep the vials in a refrigerator until your appointment.
- Tracking dose sheet – obtain from your physician/allergist
- Send completed forms/vials to the Campus Health Clinic via:
- Fax: 573-986-6030
- Mail: Campus Health Clinic
One University Plaza MS 8050
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Allergy Injection Appointment Information
- A nurse will follow your physician’s instructions for administering allergy injections.
You must see the Nurse Practitioner for your first visit for allergy injections every
school year. If the instructions are unclear or if you are late for your injection,
your physician will be contacted.
- You must report to the nurse any current illness or any prescription or non-prescription
medications you are currently taking prior to receipt of an injection.
- You are required to wait 20 minutes after an injection, unless noted otherwise by
your physician. Nearly all serious reactions begin within 5-20 minutes after the injection
is given. Inform the nurse immediately if you are having any itching, hives, coughing,
sneezing, tightness in the chest or throat, wheezing, or difficulty breathing. If
you have any of these symptoms after your departure, you should return to the Campus
Health Clinic or report to the nearest hospital emergency room for prompt treatment.
- If is recommended that you do not do any strenuous exercise for one hour before and
one hour after an injection.
- All reactions must be reported to the nurse before you receive your next injection.
Local reactions of swelling and itching at the injection site should be measured and
record the length of time the swelling lasts or stop by or office and let our staff
make an assessment.
Cancellations and Missed Appointments
We understand that life gets in the way, so if you are unable to keep an appointment,
please call our office to cancel at 573-651-2270.
Insurance & Costs
There are fees for the administration of allergy serum, vaccines, and other injectable
medications. In addition, there are charges for all routine immunizations, titers,
TB skin tests, lab services, and nurse visits. We are happy to bill your insurance
for these services. We are unable to provide information about coverage specific to
your insurance. Please contact your insurance carrier directly for any questions you
have regarding coverage, deductibles and/or copayments. You will be billed for any amount that is not covered by insurance.
Payment is expected at the time of service unless we are billing your insurance, in
which case, you may have a co-pay or deductible due. You may place these charges on
your student account.
Insurance plans vary widely in the benefits they provide and it is important that
you understand your benefits. You are responsible for paying all copays, deductibles,
rejected claims and any balances remaining after insurance payment. Prior to coming
in to your appointment, please take a few moments to call your insurance company and
understand the benefits provided under the terms of your policy.
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
(The clinic will follow the University Calendar)
SUMMER AND WINTER BREAK
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays