Instructor & Director of the Hospitality Management Program
Quantella Anderson-Noto is Director of the Hospitality Management Program at Southeast Missouri State University and co-owner, with her husband Brian, of Mollie’s Café and Bar. Mrs. Anderson-Noto previously served as an instructor at Strafford University, Falls Church, Va., in the Culinary Arts / Hospitality Management program.
Background and Professional Experience
- Guest lecturer at Rovaniemi Polytechnic School of Hospitality Management in Rovaniemi, Finland. Presented lectures on operations and trends in the U.S. hospitality industry, tourism development and American culinary traditions and trends.
- Developed and implemented the Applied Strategic Marketing Plan for KNS Promotions, a Virginia-based public relations firm that specializes in food related marketing and public relations. The plan provided a mission statement, performance audit, gap analysis, three-year budget and action plans designed to develop additional lines of business and promote the company’s core competencies.
- Developed and administered a visitor survey for EMBRATUR, The National Tourism Board of Brazil, which identified and profiled traveler demographics and preferences in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia to better direct the allocation of marketing resources in those areas.
- Developed the Inventory of Attractions and Services of the Town of Jim Thorpe, PA for the Pocono Mountains Vacation Bureau, which identified tourism development opportunities.
- Corporate Sales Manager, Park Hyatt, Washington D.C., a 4-star/4-diamond property responsible for new business development
- Executive Meetings Manager, coordinating all facets of corporate meetings and social events.
- Corporate Sales Manager, Business and International Travel, Monarch Hotel, Washington D.C.
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau, International Group Sales division
- The Shannon Inn and Pub, East Stroudsburg, PA, Front Office Management
- The Tamiment Resort, Pocono Mountains, PA, Food and Beverage division
- The Four Sisters Winery, Belvidere, NJ, Sales Representative and vineyard/tasting room tour guide
Prior to joining the hospitality industry, she enjoyed a career in the investment banking industry. She served as Asst. Vice President and Underwriter/Municipal Finance at DainRausher, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN and as Vice President/Public Finance for the Smith Mitchell Investment Group in West Palm Beach, Florida. Ms. Anderson received her Registered Representative of the NASD (Series 7 and Series 63) licenses.