Welcome to the Web site for the Dietetic Internship program at Southeast Missouri State University.
The mission of the dietetic internship is to provide a high quality post-baccalaureate program that prepares competent entry-level dietitians to possess the knowledge and professional skills necessary to navigate the ever changing demands related to health and nutrition.
Goals of the Program
- Goal 1: The dietetic internship will prepare entry level graduates who are competent to practice in administrative, clinical and community dietetics.
- At least 80% of employer evaluations rate graduates as above or equal to the performance level of other registered dietitins at the same level in comparable positions.
- 100% of students who enroll will complete the program within 15 months.
- The first time pass rate on the RD exam will be ≥ 80% over 5 years.
- 100% of graduates seeking employment in dietetics or related fields will do so within 12 months of program completion.
- Goal 2: The dietetic internship will lay the foundation for self-assessment and lifelong learning.
- Intern portfolios will document attendance at one professioanl meeting and participation in one continung professional education opportunity.
- 25% of recent graduates will report being a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
*Program outcomes data are available upon request.