- This program is using the online centralized internship application, Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). This can be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org/. Questions regarding DICAS may be sent to DICASinfo@DICAS.org. DICAS will be available after December 1, 2013 for the Spring 2014 Match. The on-line application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, Ma 02472
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference.This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
The materials listed below are included in the on-line application and will be used for consideration of admission:
- Letter of application: Including, but not limited to, short term and long term professional goals, reasons for choosing dietetics as a career, expectations related to the internship, and the areas of strength which would make the applicant a particularly successful candidate.
- Completed Application Form.
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from a former professor or academic advisor).
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Verification Form or Intent to Complete form from the undergraduate DPD.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores required
- All applicants to the dietetic internship must participate in the computer matching set up by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and D&D Digital Systems http://www.dnddigital.com/ada/index.html.
D & D Digital Systems
304 Main St., Suite 301
Ames, Iowa 50010-6148
Materials to be Sent Directly to the Program Director
- An additional non-refundable check for $40 must be sent directly to the Dietetic Internship Program Director. This check should be made payable to Southeast Missouri State University.
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza -MS 5750
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701
Graduate School Application Process
- An application for admission to the Graduate School must be submitted to the graduate school only after acceptance to this internhip. Select either the degree seeking or the non-degree seeking application.
- Applicants interested in completing the M.A. in Human Environmental Studies or the M.S. in Nutrition and Exercise Science and students interested in receiving financial aid must complete a degree-seeking application for admission. There is a $30 fee. Acceptance in the internship does not guarantee acceptance in the program in Nutrition and Exercise Science.
A non-degree application for admission to the graduate school must be submitted by those applying to the internship only. There is a $30 fee.
International students are required to submit an "International Student Application" to the graduate school.This must be accompanied by a separate check for $40 made payable to Southeast Missouri State University.
Note: Minimum requirements for regular acceptance into the Nutrition and Exercise Science program are a minimum 3.0 GPA and completion of the GRE.