Welcome to the Web site for the Dietetic Internship program at Southeast Missouri State University.
The mission of the dietetic internship is to provide a high quality post-baccalaureate program that prepares competent entry-level dietitians to possess the knowledge and professional skills necessary to navigate the ever changing demands related to health and nutrition.
Goals of the Program
- The dietetic internship will prepare entry level graduates who are competent to practice in administrative, clinical and community dietetics.
- As part of a high quality program, the dietetic internship will provide varied opportunities for the training of future Registered Dietitians, including a focus on Nutrition Education.
- The dietetic internship will utilize a wide variety of experiences in order to promote the the dietetics profession throughout the service region.
- The dietetic internship will lay the foundation for self-assessment and lifelong learning.
- The dietetic internship will apply the principles of nutrition education to the development of disease prevention programs.