Southeast Missouri State University

Declaring a Health & Human Services Major or Minor


How to declare one of the Health and Human Service majors

Complete a Declaration of Major form in the appropriate department.

For more information, check out the College of Health and Human Services Academic Departments Website.

How to declare a minor

To declare a minor in one of the Health and Human Services departments, complete a Declaration of Minor form in the department of minor.

How to change a major or minor

You may change your major or minor by completing a Declaration of Major or Minor form in the department of the NEW major or minor. The Declaration of Major and Minor forms ask if a major or minor has been declared previously and, if so, whether or not the student wishes to continue the former major in addition to the new major. Be sure to complete these questions on the forms.

How to find out who your advisor is

Students are assigned to a faculty advisor when a major is declared, with the exception of Pre-Nursing students. Pre-Nursing majors must be admitted to the Nursing Program to be advised by faculty in the department. The Pre-Nursing student is assigned to the College of Health and Human Services Advising Center until admitted.

You can find your assigned advisor in the portal as follows:

  • Log into the portal at
  • Select the Students Tab
  • Select My Southeast where it says, "Click here to open My Southeast Self Service"
  • Select "click on this link to access your self service page . . ."
  • Select Student and Financial Aid
  • Select Student Records
  • Select View Student Information