Carnahan Hall is the oldest building on campus, originally constructed in 1901 as a science building. Since 1979, the building has been used as a Social Science and History Hall. The building was closed in 1994 for a complete interior renovation and reopened in the fall of 1998. At that time, the 22,000 square foot building was named after congressman and US ambassador Albert Carnahan. Albert was a Southeast alum and father to the late Governor Mel Carnahan.
Dedication ceremony for A.S.J. Carnahan Hall. Governor Mel Carnahan and Don Dickerson are unveiling the portrait and framed degree that now hang in the building.
Ribbon cutting at the dedication ceremony.