2014-2015 Resident Assistant Selection
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE FULLY!!
Come Join Our Team!!
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Assistant Student Staff position at Southeast Missouri State University! We are pleased you want to be a leader on campus. The selection process for the Resident Assistant position is a selective process with many more applicants than open positions. Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the Interview Process. Please check your e-mail for information regarding your status throughout the selection process. *Please note, you must have your Cover Letter, Resume and Current Photo ready to upload at the time of application submission. You will not be allowed to save your application to finish at a later time. Once you have all these items completed and ready to submit, please visit http://www.semo.edu/housing/employment.htm to complete the application process. The process should take no more than 30 minutes.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 2.65 cumulative GPA
- Upperclass status (will have lived on campus for 2 full semesters prior to Fall 2014)
- In good judicial standing with the University
- Enrolled as a full-time student during 2014-2015
- A willingness to accept significant responsibility
- Personal qualities of maturity, initiative, motivation, creativity, enthusiasm, and integrity.
The following are important dates for you to remember:
|Applications available:||Monday, November 18, 2013|
|Applications:||Due: Friday, December 20, 2013 @ 5:00 pm*|
|Reference Forms:||Due: Friday, January 10, 2014 @ 5:00 pm*|
|Interview Sign-up||Via Email Link over Winter Break (Check your email!)|
|Individual Interviews:||January 24, 2014-January 30, 2014|
|Individual Presentation Sign-up||February 12, 2014-February 14, 2014|
|Individual Presentation:||February 21, 2014-February 23, 2014|
|2014-2015 RA Staff meeting||Friday, May, 2, 2014|
|Fall Training:||Begins Sunday, August 10, 2014|
*No late applications or references will be accepted after this date.
Check-List to complete your application file:
- Online Application for Resident Assistant Student Staff Position form
- Cover Letter
- Please include the following in your Cover Letter and add as an attachment under Part II of the Application Process:
- An explanation of why you would like to be hired and what skills you would bring to the RA position
- An explanation of your greatest accomplishment so far in life
- An explanation of how you think an RA can aid residents’ success in college
- An explanation of what it means to be responsible for a floor community
- A description of what you feel are your strengths and your weaknesses
- A description of your leadership style and past experiences
- A description of your current involvement in your hall and on campus
- A statement of ways you manage your time and stress, including things you would want your HD to help you with in regards to these areas
- An explanation of how you could utilize campus and community resources in regards to providing programming to your residents
- Please include the following in your Resume and add it as an attachment under Part II of the Application Process:
- A listing of current and past employment
- Any related leadership experience
- Any group/organizational involvement
- Program Proposal
- Program Proposal Questions are asked under Part III of the Application Process.
- Current photo of yourself (to be used for the interview/selection process only)
- Please save photo in Microsoft Word and add as an attachment under Part II of the Application Process.
- Current RA Reference (If you are an off-campus applicant, three professional references are acceptable).
- Professional Reference #1
- Professional Reference #2
- Greek Reference - from Chapter President (Greek Area Candidates Only)
* All References will be e-mailed their Reference Form by the RA Selection Committee upon Application Completion
If you are looking for help with your cover letter and/or resume, we encourage you to visit Career Services in the UC room 206. For questions or concerns about the application process, please contact the Office of Residence Life 651-2274 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of luck!