Contract for University Housing
Current residence hall students can complete their housing Contract for University Housing for the 2014/15 Academic Year through the MySoutheast Portal. The contract link will be accessible from the Student Processes tab. The steps for completing a Contract for University Housing are detailed below.
- Go to portal.semo.edu using either MS Explore or Firefox.
- Using the login on the top left of the screen enter your SEkey and password. If you have trouble with your SE key use the help menu located under the login in window.
- Click on the “Students” tab.
- In the “My Southeast” window click on the “Click here to open MySoutheast Self-Service.”
- Click on the link in the middle of the page “Click on this link to access your self-service page where you will be able to access different options depending on your role at Southeast.”
- Click on “Southeast Student Processes.”
- Click on – “Complete Contract for University Housing” link.
- Click on the “Complete Contract for University Housing” button.
- Complete the Contract for University Housing information.
- Select the application period you are requesting to live on campus.
- Complete all questions concerning your roommate and residence hall preferences (No residence hall assignment is guaranteed).
- (If you provided an preferred roommate Southeast ID) Verify roommate.
- Click submit when finished.
- A window will open for you pay your housing deposit via an e-check or credit card. NOTE: If you already submitted a housing deposit when you first lived on campus YOU DO NOT need to submit a second housing deposit.
- International Wire Payment details
- You will get a confirmation page with a message noting your Contract has been received.
University Residency Requirement
Are you wondering who is required to live in the residence halls? Southeast has established a requirement that all full-time students live on campus for two years. In accordance with the residency requirement, all full-time students must live on campus unless they meet at least one of the following criteria for exemption from the residency requirement:
- Are living with lineal relatives (parent, grandparent) or legal guardian and commuting from their residence within a reasonable distance (50 miles) of Cape Girardeau.
- Are 21 years of age by the beginning of the semester for which they are enrolled.
- Are a military veteran.
- Have completed at least 57 credit hours, which are accepted by the University towards earning a degree from Southeast.
- Are married and/or have dependent children in residence.
- Have lived in University housing at Southeast for two years (four semesters, not including summers).
Contract Cancellations for Returning Students:
The Contract for University Housing is a legally binding agreement for the full term of the agreement. Contracts are officially accepted and binding 72 hours after receipt by the Office of Residence Life. Any request to cancel this contract must be made in writing and meet the requirements established by the University. Cancellations are not automatic and all requests are subject to review and approval by the University. The Office of Residence Life will state all cancellation decisions in writing.
Students must contact the Office of Residence Life before moving out of the residence halls to request cancellation of the contract. A Petition to Terminate Contract form must be completed by the student and submitted with all documentation required to verify the stated reason for the request. The request is not considered approved until processed through the Office of Residence Life and a written decision is provided.
Cancellations will be approved based upon published reasons such as when there is a: (1) change in status with the University (i.e., graduation, transfer, withdrawal, suspension) or (2) change in marital or dependent status (i.e., marriage, dependent children).
Students approved for a contract cancellation will incur financial obligations as outlined by the Petition to Terminate Contract form.
Students not required submitting a deposit will be held responsible for the same financial obligations as outlined on the Petition to Terminate Contract form.
The contract will remain in force and the student will continue to be financially obligated for all room and board fees until the date the University agrees, in writing, to cancel the contract and the student officially checks out of housing. If the student chooses to leave the University, this contract cannot be cancelled prior to your official withdrawal which is the cancellation of classes.