The University has renewed contracts with three regional banks to provide “group banking” services to all regularly - employed faculty and staff (temporary and student employees are not eligible). These banks are Commerce Bank, Montgomery Bank, and US Bank, each of which has branches in Cape Girardeau and the surrounding area.
Through the group banking program, these banks provide various banking services to eligible University employees which include added financial benefits and/or savings, including:
- Discounts on home mortgage and consumer loan rates and/or fees**
- Interest-bearing checking accounts (no monthly minimum balance or fee)
- Free initial order of checks
- Free travelers checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders
- Free credit card and ATM/Debit Card**
- Overdraft protection**
- Safety deposit box discounts
- Money market/savings account options
**Note: Certain restrictions / limitations may apply
Each bank is responsible for administering its respective group banking program. You may take advantage of this benefit by contacting one of its branches listed in the banking brochures, which are available in Human Resources (x2206).