The Employee Recognition Program recognizes the longstanding devotion of employees to Southeast Missouri State University, its students, and the people of the region. The ceremony honorees include those who are ending their careers here, and those who have served for specific periods of time. It is the University’s small way of expressing gratitude to colleagues who have served, and served well, for so many years.
Honorees for years of service receive an emblem which is made of 10K gold, and mounted on a brooch for women and tie tac/lapel pin combination for men. Each emblem is embellished with jewels based on the number of service years. Typically, the Employee Recognition Program is held the last Friday in April.
- 10 Years: Three Blue Sapphires
- 20 Years: Three Rubies
- 25 Years: Three 5 Pt. Diamonds
- 30 Years: One 7 Pt. Diamond,Two 5 Pt. Diamonds
- 35 Years: Two 7 Pt. Diamonds,One 5 Pt. Diamond
- 40 Years: Three 7 Pt. Diamonds
- 45 Years: Two 7 Pt. Diamonds,One 10 Pt. Diamond
- 50 Years: Three 10 Pt. Diamonds
Also, retirees who have served at Southeast Missouri State University for at least 15 years will receive their choice of one of the following mementos:
- A gold medallion, which is a one-inch gold piece with the University's logo imprinted on the front, and retiree’s name, title, and years of service engraved on the back; or
- A Boston Rocker or Liberty Arm Chair, with a choice of finish (Black Chair with Cherry arms and back with gold accents or all Cherry) and the University's logo laser imprinted on the front and a personalized laser engraved back.