Public Safety Officer - Department of Public Safety
- Safeguards life and property of all those who come on campus
- Investigates all complaints filed with Department of Public Safety
- Successfully completed the equivalent of 60 semester hours of college with course work in Criminal Justice Administration or four years experience in the Criminal Justice field
- Successfully complete a thorough background investigation including not having any felony convictions, convictions of a crime of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanor for crimes of domestic violence
- Certified or certifiable at the time of appointment by the Missouri Department of Public Safety in accordance with the Missouri Peace Officers Standards and Training Act of 1979 (RSMO Sections 590.11-590.180)
- Possess a valid Missouri operators license
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical and life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by December 21, 2012. The position will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position requirements and how you learned of this position, a current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dana Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER