Political Science, Philosophy and Religion - Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Public Administration and American Politics
Department of Political Science, Philosophy and Religion
- Teach a variety of undergraduate courses (12 hours/4 courses per semester) in American Government, Research Methods, Public Administration
- Teach courses as need in the department’s Master of Public Administration Program such as; Grants and Fundraising, Policy Analysis, Health Policy, Emergency and Disaster Management, and Economic Development
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees
- Ph.D. or ABD (Ph.D. by August 2013) in Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy or a related field. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Experience teaching at college/university level as a graduate assistant, instructor or above
- Proven ability to teach online, ITV, webinar or face-to-face classes
- Demonstrated teaching excellence and evidence of scholarly potential
- Demonstrated commitment to the teacher/scholar model
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by April 5, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Cover letter addressing position requirements and how you learned about this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Separate statement on teaching philosophy
- Separate statement on research interests
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and current contact information for at least three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Political Science, Philosophy, and Religion may be found at: http://www.semo.edu/polisci/index.htm
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER