Kent Library - Instructor (Information Literacy Librarian)
Information Literacy Librarian
- Contribute to information literacy education and assessment within the core curriculum and across majors
- Assist with digital learning initiatives (e.g., online tutorials, web pages, Libguides, LMS)
- Work closely with faculty and students across the university (i.e., face-to-face, online, and regional campuses)
- Provide reference services both on-line and in person, which may include nights and weekends
- Contribute to library and department committees and activities, and to the University through faculty governance, committees, councils and other working groups
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program by January 2013 (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Experience with information literacy instruction and the application of ACRL information literacy standards
- Experience with the creation of digital learning objects and the use of a basic HTML editor
- Ability to work closely with faculty and students throughout the university
- Knowledge of a wide range of print and electronic information sources
- Strong service orientation, flexibility, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work well as a member of a group and individually
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The university provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available April 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 13, 2013.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and contact information of three references
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER