Nursing - Assistant Professor (Psychiatric/Mental Health)
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track)
Department of Nursing
College of Health and Human Services
- Classroom and clinical teaching of undergraduate psychiatric/mental health nursing students
- Classroom teaching of graduate students in core coursework
- Ongoing scholarly activity
- Participation in committee work, public service, and professional organizations
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field and a Master of Science in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (MSN). (Degrees must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Current active Missouri RN license or eligibility for Missouri licensure
- Demonstrated record of teaching
- Record of scholarship
- Record of professional service
- Clinical experience in area of primary responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and awareness of the issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Departmental Information: The Department of Nursing includes 22 faculty members serving over 400 undergraduate and graduate students. Both the BSN and MSN programs are CCNE accredited. The department website may be accessed at: http://www.semo.edu/nursing/
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available fall 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by July 28, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Letter of application addressing position qualifications and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of current nursing license and applicable certification
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required for employment)
- Names and contact information for three professional references with at least one academic reference
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER