Mass Media - Instructor
Instructor – Regular Non-Tenure Track
Department of Mass Media
- Teach undergraduate courses in public relations and the mass communication core
- Teach a variety of courses in the mass communication major, primarily courses in public relations including writing, design, production, case studies, media planning, media relations and client relations, budgeting and campaigns with expertise in video/television, audio/radio, print and online platforms
- Advise a PRSSA chapter and a student-run public relations firm
- Master’s degree in public relations or a related field. Candidates with a background of 10 or more years in the practicing profession of public relations, in a range of sectors, preferably including both agency and corporate, are encouraged to apply. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/ government certified university.)
- Demonstrated experience working with the PRSSA chapter and oversight of student-run public relations firm
- Commitment to the profession as demonstrated by ongoing professional work, service and meeting attendance
- Demonstrated experience overseeing internships, practicums and other field experiences
- Demonstrated ability to teach assigned courses with expertise in the full Adobe Suite and quality college-level teaching assessments of 5 or more years.
- Ten or more years in the practicing profession of public relations, in a range of sectors, preferably including both agency and corporate
- Quality college-level teaching assessments of five or more years
- Experience with ACEJMC accreditation and/or CEPR certification
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 5, 2013.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Mass Media can be found at: http://www.semo.edu/massmedia/
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER