Administrative Assistant - Office of Military and Veterans Services
This position will be located in the Office of Military and Veterans Services at Southeast Missouri State University. The office provides advice and support to military and veteran students, their spouses and dependents.
The successful candidate will join the Office of Military and Veterans Services’ highly motivated and energetic staff. The position will provide the opportunity to assist prospective and current military and veteran students.
- Provides administrative support to the Office of Military and Veterans Services Greets visitors, answers telephone lines, and serves as a resource for inquiries
- Maintains the office’s budget account Prepares budget transactions (e.g. purchase requisitions, expense reports, payment vouchers, and direct payments)
- Assists students with admissions, enrollment, military and veterans educational benefits and other student processes
- Handles confidential materials and information
- Oversees office area Performs computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and database, and transcription from a variety of materials
- Schedules appointments and meetings for the office
- Organizes and maintains electronic and paper files
- Oversees training, scheduling and work assignments for student workers
- Attends and records minutes at staff meetings as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent tested keyboarding skills (testing required by review date)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel (testing required by review date)
- Demonstrated experience working with veterans or military personnel
- Ability to learn about and clearly articulate information on military and veterans educational benefits
- Demonstrated complete administrative skills, including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public
- Experience with budget management
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical and life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by May 10, 2013. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position qualifications and how you learned of this position, a current resume, the names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a University application to Dana Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. The application can be obtained from Human Resources, Kent Library 4th Floor, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or by clicking here.
To schedule the keyboarding and Microsoft Office skills tests, please call (573) 651-2836. Tested keyboarding and Microsoft Office must be completed within the past year and by the deadline date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER