Psychology - Instructor
Instructor (Regular Non-Tenure Track)
Department of Psychology
College of Liberal Arts
- Teach 30 hours of undergraduate courses (15 hours/5 courses per semester) in psychology
- Teach a variety of courses across the curriculum in the psychology major including introductory courses and courses in industrial/organizational, health, or development psychology
- Advise students and maintain a schedule of office hours
- Attend meetings and engage in service projects as needed
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational, Health, or Developmental Psychology. Ph.D. or ABD applicants satisfying this requirement are encouraged to apply. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Demonstrated ability to teach assigned courses
- Evidence of ability to teach online courses and face-to-face classes
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in research methodology through graduate coursework or publications
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and awareness of the issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Psychology can be found at: http://www.semo.edu/psychology/
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available fall 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May19, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required for employment)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of three professional references
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER