Theatre and Dance - Instructor (Acting and Musical Theatre)
Instructor (One Year Term)
Acting and Musical Theatre
Department of Theatre & Dance
- Teach equivalent of 15 credit-hours per semester in the areas of acting, musical theatre performance, auditioning, or related subjects
- Direct one musical production or play per semester
- Participate in other department productions
- Serve on departmental committees
- Mentor students
- MFA or Ph.D. in Theatre (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Proven record of successful teaching and professional work
- Evidence of success as a director of musicals and plays
- Evidence of ability to teach acting technique, acting for film and television, musical theatre technique, directing technique, and auditioning technique
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The university provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: This position is available August 1, 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 7, 2013.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of three professional references
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER