Administrative Assistant - Facilities Management
- Evaluate, approve and assign work order requests
- Provide administrative support to Facilities Management personnel
- Assist in processing invoices for payments
- Greet customers and answer multiple telephone lines
- Utilize database and spreadsheet software to compile data and prepare report
- Compose and produce letters, memos and reports
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files
- Supervise student employees
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent tested keyboarding skills (testing required by deadline date)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access (testing required by deadline date)
- Demonstrated math skills and ability to analyze, verify and reconcile data
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes
- Knowledge of construction and/or maintenance services and terminology
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical and life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 7, 2013. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position qualifications and how you learned of this position, a current resume, the names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a University application to Dana Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. The application can be obtained from Human Resources, Kent Library 4th Floor, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or by clicking here.
To schedule the keyboarding and Microsoft Office skills tests, please call (573) 651-2836. Tested keyboarding and Microsoft Office must be completed within the past year and by the deadline date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER