Purchasing and Inventory Specialist - Purchasing Department
- Prepares and issues Invitation for Bid documents
- Handles confidential tax information from vendors
- Maintains campus fixed assets file
- Processes vendor applications and provides general clerical support
- Updates/maintains departmental web page
- Trains departmental end users
- Processes purchase requisitions
- Utilizes automated system to produce and process purchase orders
- Trains student workers
- Educates departmental end users on available contracts
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent tested keyboarding skills (testing required by review date)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint (testing required by review date)
- Demonstrated evidence of math skills and the ability to analyze and reconcile data
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated bookkeeping skills
- Experience with purchasing functions
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical and life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 14, 2013. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position qualifications and how you learned of this position, a current resume, the names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a University application to Dana Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. The application can be obtained from Human Resources, Kent Library 4th Floor, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or by clicking here.
To schedule the keyboarding and Microsoft Office skills tests, please call (573) 651-2836. Tested keyboarding and Microsoft Office must be completed within the past year and by the deadline date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER