Computer Technician - Information Technology
- Installation, maintenance, and problem determination/repair of microcomputers (systems,
peripherals, etc.) and audio visual equipment
- Provide technical assistance to users of microcomputer systems and audio visual equipment
- Maintain appropriate records for IT inventory
- Utilize help desk software for maintaining repair records and for FAQs
- Formal training in PC repairs from an accredited training facility, or A+ certification
as a personal computer technician. Please include copies of any certificates of completion
on any PC repair training.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of microcomputer system components
- Knowledge of and experience with various x86 microcomputer/peripheral technologies
and software packages (Windows XP/7, spreadsheet, word processing, anti-virus, malware
detection software, etc.)
- Experience with Remote Desktop and Real VNC for technical support to end users
- Experience with wired and wireless networking hardware and software
- Experience in using electronic test equipment such as volt meters and power supply
- Ability to lift/move 50 pound objects with or without accommodations
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness
of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent
benefits package including retirement, medical and life insurance, paid time off,
sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 14, 2013. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position requirements and how you learned
of this position, a current resume, the names and telephone numbers of three professional
references, copies of certificate/PC training, and a University application to Dana
Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University,
One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. The application can be obtained from
Human Resources, Kent Library 4th Floor, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
or by clicking here.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER