International Student Counselor - Office of International Education and Services
The Office of International Education and Services is responsible for international student recruiting, admissions, orientation programs, advising/counseling, student and faculty international services, and the enhancement of campus life, culture and community relations through international programming. The office also provides students with information regarding study abroad, initiates and manages university level exchange agreements, and provides guidance to academic departments managing unit level exchange agreements.
- Advise on immigration status issues of international students
- Assist with follow up communications to newly admitted students
- Assist with the provision of international student services including general inquiries, advice on issues related to immigration benefits, maintaining visa status, enrollment procedures, housing requirements/options, insurance requirements, and cultural adjustment issues
- Conduct OPT/CPT workshops as needed
- Coordinate events and programs (i.e. student abroad, exchange agreement management) in collaboration with department staff
- Bachelor’s degree in an international related field of study or bachelor’s degree and evidence of international experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interact with different cultures
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills including experience with word processing and database programs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated experience understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical insurance, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 21, 2013. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Required Information: Submit a letter of interest addressing all position qualifications and how you learned of this position, a current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dana Seabaugh, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER