Agriculture - Instructor
Instructor - RNTT
Department of Agriculture
Teach undergraduate courses in agronomy, soil science at Southeast Missouri State University campuses in Malden, Kennett and Sikeston. Candidates must have strong theoretical and practical experience in agronomy, soil science or related field. The successful candidate will participate in curriculum development in the department and will provide new expertise to lead the program in new directions. Additional responsibilities include; advising students, serving on committees, professional development and service to area agribusinesses.
- Earned Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or related field (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience teaching at secondary education or college/university level
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, plus individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available fall 2013 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by July 10, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications and how you learned of this position
- Current Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required for employment)
- Name and contact information of three references
Departmental Information: The Department of Agriculture includes seven faculty members, three staff, and 315 majors. We offer a Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness (options in Animal Science, Plant and Soil, Horticulture, Agriculture Industry) and Agricultural Education. We also offer pre-Veterinary Medicine. The department operates a large climate-controlled horticulture greenhouse, the Charles Nemanick alternative agriculture garden, the David M. Barton Agriculture Research Center specializing in beef and field-crops, and the Missouri Rice Research Farm. The department is well supported by the diverse agricultural and horticultural industries of southeast Missouri.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.