Human Environmental Studies - Assistant/Associate Professor (Fashion Merchandising)
Assistant/Associate Professor (TT) – Fashion Merchandising
Department of Human Environmental Studies
College of Health and Human Services
Candidate will teach courses, assist with curriculum development and advise undergraduate and graduate students in fashion merchandising and the entrepreneurship minor. Successful candidate will recruit students into the fashion merchandising program, and place and supervise students in internships. In addition, the candidate will engage in university and community service activities, serve on departmental/college/university committees, participate in professional organizations and network with representatives from the fashion merchandising industry and business community.
- Doctorate or ABD (with Ph.D. by August 1, 2013) in fashion merchandising or a related field (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Experience teaching at college/university level as a graduate assistant, instructor or above
- Demonstrated professional experience in fashion merchandising industry
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, scholarship and service consistent with the teacher-scholar model
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available fall 2013, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 31, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required for employment)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER