Obtaining an ID for the First Time
If you are obtaining your Southeast Redhawks Card for the first time, you will need
to meet the following qualifications:
- You must be enrolled in at least one class, or be participating in a New Student Programs
Orientation (First Step).
- You must present some form of photo identification. Acceptable identification includes
a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID Card, military ID or current passport.
- You also should bring a copy of your class schedule for the current semester. The
name and ID number on your card must exactly match those of the University records.
Your photo will be taken and the ID will be issued in a matter of minutes!
Students at Regional Campuses
If you are a new student or have never had a Redhawks Card, your campus’ main office
can take your picture and assist you in obtaining your Redhawks Card.
- The picture will be emailed to the Cape Girardeau campus and uploaded to Redhawks
- Once the picture is received and the card is generated, it will be returned via campus
mail to your campus’ main office for distribution.
- Please allow 3-5 business days between having your picture made to returning to pick
up your ID.
- If you have a Redhawks Card and need a replacement due to damage, loss, name change,
etc. please refer to the appropriate notices above. Your campus’ main office will
coordinate the process for replacement like stated above.
Dual-Enrolled and Web-Only Students
There are three methods that a dual-enrolled high school or web-only student can follow
in order to obtain an official Southeast Missouri State University Redhawks Card.
1. Submitting Information by Mail or Email for a Redhawks Card
2. Class Trip to the Main Campus
If you are planning a trip to the Cape Girardeau campus with your class, we would
be happy to schedule with you a time for you to visit our Redhawks Card Services staff
so that we could make the Redhawks Card(s) in person. We are located on the 3rd Floor
of the University Center. Please see below for contact information to schedule a visit.
3. Individual Student Visit to Main Campus
If one of your students would like to come in person, we would need him/her to present
a letter outlining the following information for us to issue a Redhawks Card:
- High School or campus/center currently attending
- Your contact name and number
- The first, middle initial and last name of the student.
- Southeast ID # (S00000000)
Faculty or Staff Redhawks Cards
University Faculty and Staff will be supplied with an identification card upon employment
with the University. There is no charge for the card and the faculty or staff member
will not be charged for any damaged or lost Redhawks Cards. If you are a new employee
and have completed your paperwork with Human Resources or the Provost’s office, you
will need to visit our office with the Human Resources/Provost’s memo authorizing
our office to issue a Redhawks Card. Please remember to bring photo identification
with you so we may verify your identity.
Redhawks Card Services has several standard badges on file that your department may
choose from to identify your staff on campus. The standard charge for department badges
is $10 per badge. Your office will need to supply a memo authorizing the creation
of the badge, supply the information of the person receiving the badge, and an account
number. Redhawks Card Services reserves the right to deny the creation of badges based
on the intended use.