High school graduates from throughout the world are eligible to study English in the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Southeast Missouri State University.
- No prior knowledge of English is required for admission.
- Students from absolute beginning to more advanced levels of English proficiency are eligible.
- Many students who meet general admission requirements, but lack the required English proficiency, may apply for entry into the IEP along with conditional admission to undergraduate or graduate study.
- Conditionally admitted students may enter undergraduate studies upon their successful completion of the IEP or by submitting a passing TOEFL or IELTS score in a future semester.
- Other students apply to the IEP to increase their English proficiency before continuing their education or other interests elsewhere.
Students may apply for IEP sessions at the time of year most convenient to them. Our sessions begin in January, March, June, August and October.
For more information on the application requirements for the IEP, please see our checklist at: http://www.semo.edu/ies/fs_requirements.htm.
To download our application, please visit: http://www.semo.edu/ies/download_apps.htm.