High school graduates from throughout the world are eligible to study English in the
Intensive English Program (IEP) at Southeast Missouri State University.
- No prior knowledge of English is required for admission.
- Students from absolute beginning to more advanced levels of English proficiency are
- Many students who meet general admission requirements, but lack the required English
proficiency, may apply for entry into the IEP along with conditional admission to
undergraduate or graduate study.
- Conditionally admitted students may enter undergraduate studies upon their successful
completion of the IEP or by submitting a passing TOEFL or IELTS score in a future
- Other students apply to the IEP to increase their English proficiency before continuing
their education or other interests elsewhere.
Students may apply for IEP sessions at the time of year most convenient to them.
Our sessions begin in January, March, June, August and October.
For more information on the application requirements for the IEP, please see our checklist
To download our application, please visit: http://www.semo.edu/ies/download_apps.htm.