Learn more about the Computer and Multimedia graphics option in the Polytechnic school.
Visit the facilities, meet the faculty and see the student gallery
Students who choose the Technology Management major, with the Computer and Multimedia
Graphics option, study the communications industry, with an emphasis in multimedia
graphics and photography. A variety of computer-related applications and hardware
are introduced and studied. Students will learn the basics of graphic design, web
design, multimedia animation, & photography.
What Will I Study in This Major and Option?
The Computer and Multimedia Graphics option is designed to provide you with a background
in the technical communication industry. The program emphasizes
- 2-D and 3-D design
- webpage design, video editing
- video editing
- multimedia design
- computer graphics and animation
- graphic design
- digital photography
- commercial photography
In certain instances, specific University Studies courses are required for a degree.
Courses are updated regularly, so be sure to meet with your advisor to design your
In the Computer and Multimedia Graphics option, students will:
- Be exposed to a dual platform for graphics so you will have experience in both PC
and Macintosh environments.
- Be introduced to communication technologies, philosophy of reproduction choices, methods
of printing, photography and darkroom applications, electronic publishing, presswork,
screen printing and other non-print communications.
- Use electronic equipment and software for the preparation of copy, including deign,
editing, and typography.
- Acquire and edit digital images. The digital still camera and its operation are stressed
along with computer image editing software.
- Be introduced to multimedia software, hardware, the integration of text, technical
graphics, sound, animation, webpage design, and CD/DVD publishing.
- Be introduced to the digital video camera and video editing suite, and produce personal
and corporate videos in individual and group settings.
- Be exposed to the following software:
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Final Cut Pro
- Sound Editing Software such as Cake Walk and Acid Works.
- Design Supervisor
- Graphic Developer
- Graphic/Flash Designer
- Process Safety Engineer
- Product Development and Testing
- Technology Coordinator
- Video Production/Editor
- Web Designer